Saturday, July 17, 2010

SAY IT AIN’T SO!!!

baskinrobbins ARGH!  Baskin-Robins is “deep sixing” French Vanilla from its flavor list!  How can they do that??!!!  I personally love French Vanilla better than regular vanilla as it is creamier and richer. french vanilla Next thing you know, they’ll be getting rid of chocolate or strawberry… I can understand taking flavors like Lunar Cheesecake (after the space walk in 1969) or Saxy Candidate (after Bill Clinton), but not FV! 

 

Over the years there have been some unique flavors that also are on the brink of extinction like Campfire Smores, Apple Pie A La Mode, Caramel Praline Cheesecake and Superfudge Truffle.  The most popular ice cream flavors according to a Yahoo pole are:

  1. Vanilla
  2. Chocolate
  3. Strawberry
  4. Coffee
  5. Banana
  6. Bubble Gum
  7. Oreo
  8. Peach
  9. Custard
  10. Mango
  1. Peanut Butter
  2. Green Tea
  3. Lemon
  4. Chocolate Chip
  5. Butter Pecan
  6. Raspberry
  7. Mint Chocolate Chip
  8. Cherry
  9. Neapolitan
  10. Fudge

 

And there’s Vanilla right at the top! 10-01 Vanilla Ice cream - Finished So, what’s YOUR favorite flavor???

3 comments:

Joe said...

I'm into all things chocolate actually so straight ahead chocolate or rocky road ring my bell. I'm stunned they'd remove french vanilla though...you're right: what next?

JennyD said...

I saw that report on our news just the other day and was positive I heard it wrong -- Fr Vanilla, NO WAY. Sigh, and here you are telling me I heard it right. There is no justice in the world. You're right when you say what's next, strawberry, etc? Somebody in that corp setting had to be out of their mind.
Just think, next will be Clairol saying "we're flushing all blonds and redheads".

My fav flavor of my 'olden days' was one made locally and only for their restaurant called The Cloverleaf (that's the restaurant, not the flavor). I used to get a Peppermint Frosted every week, and even when I moved 2 states away, I'd drive down just for that and then drive back home. It had little, tiny balls of peppermint in this divine vanilla. A spoon stood upright in the giant, tall glass. It was pure heaven. Sure do miss that old restaurant.

Unknown said...

Amazing! At the moment I found this blog I just happend to be working my way through a bowl of Breyer's Snickers ice cream! My favorite flavor is coffee.