Sunday, July 11, 2010

Catch-up Time!






Whew! What a week! Finally, I can get some of the pics from the July 4th picnic out to you. It was a hot day--into the 90's, but the creek was a popular place. Hubby and Max took floaties out on the blue float, Coach in red shirt and Max on white float) and Max managed to get dunked by our Judo Coach..was a true blindside! He took in good spirits, though---he chose wisely. Then later, there were raft races. Some of the "big" kids helped the wee ones with their rafts (that's Max helping a small girl bottom center) and all the kids had a great time of it. I chose to stay on the bank and take the photos rather than get wet...with my trusty Iced Tea by my side.

Everything seems to be going smoothly on the homefront---Charlie and his little hen herd are doing well and growing up. I'm beginning to hunt for any signs of eggs, but we don't expect them until about August (which it soon will be!). Charlie is a good morning alarm now with his rooster crowing. So much BETTER than those hounds next door. Our pool is a great place to frequent on these hot days and Hubby likes to get 40 winks on a raft in the heat of the afternoon there (usually in that piece of shade by the umbrella). Max had his friend E overnight and they love sleeping on the houseboat---they don't have us bugging them to GO to sleep or keep quiet. They aren't noisy anyway, thank goodness. Yesterday the boys went to another Hot Springs to a going away party for a girl in their school class who was moving. It ended up being three boys and a whole gaggle of girls that showed up for it! Heard no complaints from the guys, though...

Next week my calendar is FULL so don't expect too many entries. I'm glad to have the work and that my stomach is better and almost back to normal. If I only make a few appearances here, don't worry---I'm also in the process of putting together another short story to be unfolded in "parts" in the near future. Have a GREAT week!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey, Sue! The page looks great! You mentioned having a little trouble placing photos and I have a solution for you. I write all of my blogs using Live Writer and post them to Word Press and Blogger from there. It makes formatting a cinch.

Joe said...

That looks like a lot of fun for you guys. It's finally getting hot this week so I guess that's good because we've got our cabin getaway coming up. I have no desire to freeze. I hope you had a great weekend my friend.

JennyD said...

Terrific pics, Sue! And it sounds and looks like everyone had a ball. Don't you love vacations, yes indeed.
Have to tell you something, lol -- I clicked in and of course saw the very first photo. Started laughing because I was positive someone was enjoying the "au natural" state. See it? Cracked me up. My logical side set back in and knew it wasn't so, but just the same....what a giggle I got :D

JennyD said...

PS....doesn't work if you enlarge it; only works at a bare (pardon the pun) glance at the smaller pic.