Tuesday, July 13, 2010

A Bit of Everything



Promises to be quite a day---got to sleep in a whole 15 minutes longer this morning, in spite of our Kit-Kit alarm outside our bedroom window at 5 this morning. I stumbled up and shut the window (that quiets her down) and fell back into bed for another hour or so.

Let both cats in and Caruso tried to sneak up onto my lap. When I pushed him away, he turned and lunged back up---claws out. Well, I wear these nice short knit shorts to bed and since he had nothing to grab, when he slid back, he left two long scratches in my thigh (which bled like crazy!). Nice scar for summer...
Then, I read in our local paper about a guy who was arrested in K-Ville for "discharging a firearm recklessly." Apparently the Shooter and another "Friend" were feuding about some woman (isn't that always the way?!) and the Friend came tearing up Shooter's driveway the other day, stopping at the entry gate to his yard. Shooter came out and saw Friend trying to force his way through the gate and warned him to leave. Friend ignored the warning and continued to come through, so Shooter retrieved his gun and fired a warning shot in the air, again warning Friend to go away. Friend made it through the gate and onto Shooter's property, where Shooter discharged his gun, wounding Friend in the arm and shoulder. Friend turned around and went back to his truck and left. A Witness told Shooter not to call the police, but Shooter insisted. Thus, Shooter was arrested and had to post a $10,000 bond. Looks like you can't even defend your own property anymore. Oh, and by the way, the Friend cannot be located at all at this time. Wonder how they can arrest this guy at all without proof of a crime...What's this world coming to???
Then, to top the morning off, that ugly, scraggly, chicken-thieving black cat (who hasn't shown himself in ages) tried to come through our dog door into the house. Caruso growled before he could get through the door. I went running out onto the porch, screaming and yelling like a banshee and the cat took off like a shot across the porch towards home, never looking back! I probably scared the neighbors, what with my scratched leg and all...

So, that's how my day has started. At least it ain't boring!!!!

6 comments:

JennyD said...

Wow, what a story! Well, "the friend" sort of got what he deserved, didn't he, but "the shooter"? NOOOO. I agree with you, Sue, you can't even defend your property. Makes me sick.
As for the chicken killing cat -- good for youuuuuu! I could see you blasting out of the house in a dead run after him, lol. Too funny, but he's gone again and will probably think twice about coming back any time soon.

By the way, the photo of your cat at the top? Magnificent. Really gorgeous. That could be an oil painting :D

Unknown said...

Glad you got some extra sleep but the price you paid for it sucked. What a bold thieve'in cat taking your chicks then trying to enter your house. WWLHD? (What would Leghorn do?). Have a nice rest of day and hope it's relaxing for ya.

JennyD said...

Here it is many hours later and I just HAD to come back by to enjoy the photo of your cat on the drapes. Just can't get over how beautiful and artful that photo is; why just look at his face! Brilliant, Sue, brilliant. It's a study in contrasts: the "wild" cat (because there is a little wild look to him) on the soft material of the drapes. I really love this. If that was my cat and my photo, I'd have it enlarged and framed for sure. I'd even have it replicated in oils. Whew, it's good!

JennyD said...

(shhhhh, keep it to yourself that I'm here AGAIN. I nabbed that photo and looked at it covering my monitor and saw it's a towel, lol. Well, smack my fanny, I didn't know it. Ok, I still feel the same but now look at the towel as a background resembling ferns and the jungle. Gawd, I wondering if I have OCD now. Ok, slippin' out...)

Unknown said...

Shooter is an idiot!Shots fired into the air have to come down somewhere. I have over 40 years experience with firearms, have probably fired at least a million rounds over the years and both Frankie and I have permits to carry a concealed weapon. From the very start I learned the following philosophy for the use of a firearm: Never draw a weapon unless you intend to kill your opponent and then make absolutely certain he is dead. Warning shots and shooting to wound only exist on TV.

Joe said...

Sorry about the scratch...nothing hurts like a cat scratch except perhaps a rose thorn gouge! I can't understand laws that punish someone defending their own property like that. It is one of those things where even if you are in your house with a weapon your fear to defend yourself as much as you fear the criminal because as likely as not you're the one that gets in trouble...go figure...messed up!