Monday, August 02, 2010

DOESN’T THIS LOOK GOOD?!

DSCF0625 With all the heat of summer, doesn’t this look yummy?  It is a frozen fruit salad.  Here is the recipe---straight from the card:  DSCF0627 The only changes I make are that I subsitute mandarin oranges for the apricot halves (because the halves are so HARD to deal with frozen!) and add a can of Very Cherry fruit cocktail instead of the jar of maraschino cherries.  I also have used Cool Whip instead of the whipping cream.  Your choice!  Instead of putting it in a pan and cutting it into square, I simply put it into to little yogurt cups (that yogurt comes in) or other small plastic containers with lids.  Then, one can just snatch one from the freezer at will, and it’s still fresh and good.  The boys really love this frozen salad---almost as much as ice cream!  It takes some time to make, but it’s worth it!

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Joe said...

Wow that looks amazing!

Ramblingon said...

Now we're talkin'. Love that sort of thing.

Unknown said...

ARRRRGH! The doctor told me to drop 10 lbs. by my next appointment.....in JANUARY! Frankie has decided I should lose it immediately and has put me on a starvation diet.....read bird seed and tree bark. Do you know how tough it is to perch on one of them feeders in Burd Town with size 11 1/2 EEE feet? We won't even go into how hard I have to flap my arms to fly up there!