Thursday, May 26, 2011

Tuning at the CIA…

DSCF1279 Yeah, you read that right.  I got the strangest call from the CIA the other day and they wanted me to come tune their piano!  I didn’t know they even HAD a piano there, but went the other day and did the job. 

DSCF1277 It was an OLD piano---a Chickering grand---that was probably built in the late 1800 or early 1900s and in desperate need of help.  It was weird to tune in such a hard stone building with high ceilings---everything echoed so.  The halls seemed to go on forever DSCF1275 and looking over the balcony from the second floor, the flags were bright and colorful. DSCF1276 Everyone who walked by while I was there was thrilled that I’d come to tune their piano.  One person said it was RARELY used, but that they needed it tuned for something going on this coming weekend.

After packing up my tools and navigating the halls to the front entrance, I had to pause and take a couple more pics-DSCF1280 --especially of the ornate sign outside:  DSCF1278

3 comments:

Ramblingon said...

SUE! You rascal! You totally had me going!!!

GreatGranny said...

LOL, I was hooked wondering why they'd let you take photos.

Unknown said...

You did make sure nobody followed you home?