Thursday, October 21, 2010

Trusting People

DSCF0741 Came across something interesting yesterday on my travels around the county.  There is a fruit stand, off the beaten path, that I pass on my way to the next town down the road.  I’ve seen the sign many times and made a mental note each time to stop there for Pears and Apples.  Well, I stopped yesterday.  There was a truck parked there and so I assumed he worked the stand.  He was only there to replenish the supply, he said.  The signs around the table said $5 a bag for the pears, apples and peaches.  A metal box with a slit sat on the table as well next to the “SELF SERVE” sign.  I’ve never seen this kind of thing when it comes to FOOD!  The guy putting more fruit bags out said they haven’t had any problems with people taking stuff.  AMAZING in this time of economic unrest.  I suppose that the people who own the stand feel if folks take the fruit without paying, they must need it.  After all, K-Ville is the pear capital, so there is an abundance of pears.  So, I put my five ones through the metal slot and picked out my bag of pears (probably 12 or 15 in the bag).  They all look perfect!  Before I left, the guy there handed me an Asian pear and one of their Jonagold apples as well.  How generous!  Wouldn’t it be great if all businesses could rely on this method of sales?!!!  Well, I can dream, can’t I?

1 comment:

GreatGranny said...

That would be a perfect world if life now were like this.and this is very unusual. You sure got a good deal on your pears.